The Materials Research and Manufacturing Section of the Chemistry Division shares information concerning all phases of materials procurement, production, applications, and handling by means of educational activities, cooperative programs, publications, and Division-sponsored events at annual conferences. See our Strategic Plan.
|Chair & 2011 Program Planner||Bing Wang, Georgia Tech (firstname.lastname@example.org), 404-894-0816|
|Chair-Elect & 2012 Program Planner||Norah Xiao, USC Libraries (email@example.com) 213-740-2214|
|Past-Chair||Jack Bashian, Smithers Rapra Press (firstname.lastname@example.org), 330-221-2777|
Section Volunteers (assisting the DCHE Executive & Advisory Board)
|Materials/Manufacturing Associations Liaison||Carol Tower (email@example.com)|
|Membership||Bette Finn (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Nominating||Marty Rhine (email@example.com)|
|Strategic Planning/Awards Committee||Earl Mounts (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
To subscribe to SLA-DMRM:
- Via Email: send an e-mail to Lyris@lists.sla.org. In the body of the message: Subscribe sla-dmrm <your e-mail address> <FirstName> <LastName>
Via the Web: Go to http://sla.lyris.net/read/login (for more information, see the SLA Listserv guide).
- Use your e-mail address as login. Leave password blank if you don’t have one.
- Select ‘All Forums’
- Find the Materials, Research & Manufacturing Section (sla-dmrm), and click ‘Subscribe.’ You’ll receive an e-mail confirmation shortly.
- To change your e-mail settings, use ‘My Account.’
- To send messages to the group, use SLA-DMRM@lists.sla.org
- Section Board & Business Meeting Minutes
- Proposed Agenda (Betsy Aldridge)
- Nominations report (Marty Rhine)
- 2005 MRM Division Business meeting minutes (we were not yet a Section)
- MRM Section Chair Report, includes Bette Finn’s Membership & Patricial Cromi’s Listserv reports (Betsy Aldridge)
- MRM Strategic Plan (Earl Mounts) – Approved June 4
- MRM 2008 Program Planner report (Nora Stoecker)
Update on Materials Science Research & Resources (SLA, DCHE MRM Section, 2011)
Materials Science in Wind Energy: Recent and Future Developments (SLA, DCHE MRM Section, 2009)
Materials Science in Modern Wind Turbines — Stan Calvert
Market Update for U.S. Wind Industry — Elizabeth Salerno
What’s New in Composites from the Associations (SLA, DCHE MRM Section, 2007)
Six Sigma in Libraries – (SLA, DMIL, 2006)
Six Sigma – A Strategic Tool (SLA, 2005) – under Materials and Manufacturing Division; you must be an SLA member to access this
Polymer Roundtable (SLA, 2003)